MATES KinderChorus Spring 2013
Location: M.A.T.E.S (Meadows Arts & Technology School)
Room: Check with the School Office
Feb 1-Jun 1, 2013
Meets 1:30 PM-2:00 PM
Level: Beginning Students
Status: This class is completed
The Kinder Chorus is for students only in Kindergarten. Chorus meets once a week for at least half of an hour, after school. The Elementary Chorus Program is held in two semesters and runs for the entire year. Students will perform throughout the year with an additional performance at the thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza for the All District Chorus Festival
Through the Elementary School Chorus Program, the Arts Council of the Conejo Valley strives in helping students find their inner voice of music. The Arts Council feels that making music involves complex, higher order neural processes that integrate aural, spatial, logical, linguistic, kinesthetic, and emotional connection. We hope that the Elementary School Chorus program will be a pathway for each student to discover an appreciation for music.
You can choose an optional payment plan. Should you choose this you must make the minimum payment of $22.50 with this registration and the remaining balance of $67.50 will be automatically charged your credit card* without further notice on or after the following schedule. $22.50 on 3/1/13, $22.50 on 4/1/13, and $22.50 on 5/1/13. A payment receipt will be emailed after each payment.
• You must click the Save Credit Card Button in order to enable automatic payments. If you do not click this button, you will be responsible for making payment on your own. A late payment fee of $15.00 will be accessed for payments received after the deadline listed above.
- The All-District Chorus Festivals will be held in the Fred Kavli Theatre at the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza in April 2013. Tuition to each semester of Band includes one non-refundable ticket to the Festival. Additional tickets cost $5.00 and are available at the door or online beginning in February 2012 at www.ConejoSchools.org.
Instructor -- Frank Laguardia
Mr. LaGuardia has been an Elementary School chorus, band and general music teacher in the Conejo Valley for the past 15 years. He has produced many Broadway style musicals and is currently in production of his next musical for the 2013 season. Mr. LaGuardia is also the founding choir coordinator for the Conejo Unified School District elementary school choir programs and also coordinates the Conejo Valley All District Chorus Festivals. During the summer, Mr. LaGuardia is the camp director of the Hillcrest Players Broadway Musical summer camp. He currently teaches music education classes at California Lutheran University. In 2008 Mr. LaGuardia received the City of Thousand Oaks Excellence in the Arts Award In recognition of a commitment and dedication to the enhancement of the arts in the community.
Mr. LaGuardia received a Bachelor of Music Performance degree from California State University Northridge. At CSUN he was a member of the wind ensemble, brass ensemble, and orchestra. He was principle trumpet for three years in these ensembles and also studied trumpet under ROY POPER. After receiving a B.M. in trumpet performance from CSUN, Mr. LaGuardia has been a freelance trumpet player in greater Los Angeles area. To his credit he has played with the San Fernando Symphony, lead trumpet with the West Coast Theater, Conejo Players pit orchestra, Master College wind ensemble, Lancaster Symphony, and countless others. Mr. LaGuardia is a founding member of the CONEJO VALLEY BRASS Quintet.
- Supplemental material will be provided by the instructor at no extra charge. The Chorus Instructor will provide information regarding concert attire and personal items needed for advanced theater style programs.
- Prorated refunds are possible with approval by the Arts Council of the Conejo Valley. Full refunds may be granted for extenuating circumstances. All refunds are subject to a minimum cancellation fee of $24.57 after the second class meeting. To request refund you must contact the Hillcrest Center for the Arts at (805) 381-2747 or via email at hcfaRegistration@cprd.org. Please note: Refunds for payments by check will take 4-6 weeks to process. Refunds for Online credit card payments will be processed on the same credit card and take 2-4 days to process.
- DROP OFF AND PICK UP OF CHILDREN TO AND FROM CLASS:
- The ACCV is not responsible for the supervision of children before or after elementary music classes or in transit to or from elementary music classes. Student supervision policies outside of class are solely the responsibility of the individual school.